Sunday, August 23, 2015

Some Sandpaper, Stain, and a Desk Makeover!

Hello buddies-  

Like many teachers my Summer Vacation ends about 2/3 weeks before it really ends as I head back to school to open a room for a new group of students.  Part of saying goodbye to my Harry Potter theme was taking the down the signs that covered my desk proclaiming myself as a Hogwarts professor.  When I took it down I noticed how, well, TERRIBLE my desk looked.  It was time for a makeover. 

I took off the top that was screwed onto the desk when I inherited it 10 years ago.  What I found wasn't pretty!


The wood was old.  There was glue all over it from the wood attached over a decade ago. Basically it was in BAD shape, REALLY BAD shape!  

So I quickly took it home and got to work.  First there was never ending sanding.  Then there was staining with some leftover stain from the hardwood floors in my house.  Lastly, there was the polyurethane. To be honest-I'm not so good with that so my Dad came in and saved the day there!


Here it is sitting in my driveway. 
The final product came out so well it almost looks too good to be in my blue, yellow, and red Superhero themed classroom. 


Here it is in my classroom- Doesn't it look GREAT!
I am THRILLED with the final product and regret not having done it years ago!  Isn't it a thing of beauty?!?!?!

Have a GREAT day buddy!
-Damien 

No comments:

Post a Comment