Wednesday, April 3, 2013

England Update

Hello friends. As I write this post I am on the 6th hour of my flight home from a FANTASTIC Spring Break in England full of Windsor Castle, Harry Potter Studios, punting on the River Cam, and so much more! Hour 6 of my 8 hour plane ride. So far I have already watched:

The Quartet (cute and starring my favorite Hogwarts professor Maggie Smith AND Michael Gambon aka Dumbledore),

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (dark but good and in HP news starring Emma Watson aka Hermione),

And am now on the second hour of Les Miserables (good and worth watching as I love the songs and story...and Anne Hathaway. Coincidentally starring another HP favorite- the very evil Bellatrix LeStrange aka Helena Bonham Carter).

IT HAS BEEN A LOOOOOOONG PLANE RIDE!

Now, when traveling time zones can be tricky. When I booked my excursion we had Monday, the 1st off for Spring Break, then Hurricane Sandy hit. We lost that Monday to make up a day we lost due to the weather and lack of power. I will be landing in good ole NJ at 9:30 which doesn't sound bad when you think of the time through customs and travel from the airport I should be home and in bed at 11:00. Except it will be 4:00 AM London time-which is where I woke up this morning at 9:30 and have been up since. It also doesn't help that England experienced daylight savings time yesterday while I was there (another lost hour beyond the hour lost in "The States"). All of this basically means...

I have NO IDEA how I am going to feel tomorrow at 8:45AM when my lovelies, having returned from break a day earlier and had a sub, are waiting for me to "do my thing". Add to the that the fact that I have a 2 hour meeting after school for a Math Pilot Committee Meeting (my co-teacher and I will be piloting a new Math program next year).

All and all I envision a rough week ahead but the vacation was SOOOOOOOOO worth it!

Hope your week is off to a good start!
Your buddy,
Damien

No comments:

Post a Comment