Sunday, November 18, 2012

Reading Buddies How-to-Guide

Hello Buddies-

Happy Saturday! Kelly and I spent some time today finishing up a product that we have been working on for a while.  A How-To-Guide for our Reading Buddies program.  Kelly and I have been doing Reading Buddies for years, it's actually one of the reasons we have become so close.  

Reading Buddies pairs up a student in my fifth grade class and a student in her second grade class for a year long reading partnership.  The students share books together, read to each other, are read to, and participate in many reading activities and celebrations.  

The guide can be found at our TPT Store: Reading Buddies How-To-Guide

Our TPT Store Freebie is also part of the guide and can be found hereReading Buddy Questionnaire


This is the PERFECT time of year to start Reading Buddies.  Below are some pictures from THIS Friday when Kelly and I got together to introduce our kids to their buddies.

Learning a bit about our new friend using the questionnaire

Working together!

Working in beanbags on the carpet!


Wishing you all the best for the upcoming week!
-Damien and Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog & wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check it out here.

    Happy Friday!!!
    ~Realistic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you guys won my Christmas Literacy Centers but I can't find your email to send it to you! Email me at primarypossibilities@gmail.com so I can get it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! We do reading buddies at my school and this would be perfect. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog! :) I'm a new follower.

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for becoming a follower and for your support.

    We'd love to hear what type of Reading Buddy activities you do at your school.

    Damien and Kelly

    ReplyDelete