Thursday, June 14, 2012

End of Year-Part 1

The Reading Buddies have been up to so much the last few days of school that our END OF YEAR POST is coming to you in multiple parts.

Let's start with the gifts:

For her class Kelly makes them personalized scrapbooks of all the events, activities, and lessons from the year.  Although technology was not her friend this year. (Printing was a nightmare and she started 3 times over) I think this was the best one yet!

To go along with her Ocean theme Kelly gave each child a personalized Beach Pail filled with some summer fun!
How ADORABLE is this?

            
I like to give my kids, 5th graders who are leaving our building to go to middle school next year, a small gift each day for the last few days.  Day one was a Hershey Bar with a school themed wrapper connecting to my LOVE of chocolate.  I made a personal slideshow of all the events from our class and showed it to the students making a personalized DVD for each student. My kids and their parents always LOVE this and it is one of my favorite moments of the year as we watch the whole year pass by. (Though next year I promise to start early, and not be up until 4 in the morning burning DVDs.)

I saw this idea online, and LOVED it.  Each child got an individualized Wordle with a poem gift tag.

For our class parents, Kelly found this idea somewhere and it was such a cute presentation, I couldn't resist copying it.





















Stay tuned for End Of Year post Part 2 where we discuss our End of the Year Reading Buddy Celebration-A personal favorite!

-Damien of The Reading Buddies

2 comments:

  1. You both made some amazing gifts and some very luck students in your class!!A friend of mine made those wordle poems for her kids too, it was the first time I'd seen them but they come out so cool.

    ❤- Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I saw them on Pinterest and I just Loved them. Find an appropriate frame for a 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper was another task in itself but I was very happy with the finished product.

    Thanks Stephanie,
    Damien

    ReplyDelete